Maintenance method of FRP storage tank according to different situations
Release time: 2019/12/23 16:58:09 Browse: Times
The FRP storage tanks we use will have a bad day with the passage of time, so how can we save costs without repairing them?
There is a process for damage to any item. The same is true for FRP storage tanks, which are also staged:
1. Phenomenon of initial damage period
During this period, due to the effect of the gathering of the corrosion process and the gathering of tensile stress, the appearance of the metal gradually formed some initial corrosion-mechanical cracks. The stress concentration on the metal surface can be caused by uneven internal stress, metal surface defects (scratches, processed textures, cracks, interlayers, etc.) and the inconsistency of structural shapes.
2. Corrosion crack propagation period
This period is the beginning of corrosion: the mechanical cracks in the corrosive medium electrochemical effect and the primary tensile stress in the metal together, the maintenance of glass fiber reinforced plastic tanks, the process of further expansion. The general direction of crack propagation is generally straight with the direction of the main tensile stress.
After all, the damage period
With the further expansion of the crack, one crack in the middle will grow faster than the other cracks due to the increasing tensile stress, and will transfer the primary tensile stress to the primary crack to the extent that it will crowd out other cracks. The cracks came in, which resulted in cracking of the component. During this period, cracking was performed with the primary effect of mechanical elements, and the later the effect of mechanical elements was greater.
Therefore, in order to better extend the service life of FRP storage tanks, it is necessary to perform maintenance and maintenance on the storage tanks from time to time. What should be paid attention to during the maintenance of FRP storage tanks?
1. When entering the glass fiber reinforced plastic storage tank for maintenance, all feeding valves should be closed, the tank should be emptied and cleaned. After testing, it can be confirmed that there is no toxic gas in the tank, and the tank can be entered when there is no oxygen deficiency. Soft-soled shoes should be worn when entering the tank. Fasten the seat belt and tie the other end of the seat belt to the top of the tank. Pay attention to the ventilation inside the tank. When entering the tank, operations must be carried out under the supervision of the tank.
2. To prevent the tool from hitting the tank wall, use a ladder and metal parts equal to the contact part of the tank wall to add a soft pad to protect the inner wall from being scratched and bruised.
3. The external ladders, cages, and guardrails of FRP storage tanks should be carefully checked for safety and reliability before climbing. Climbing is forbidden under abnormal circumstances.
4. Do not load at will on the tank top during maintenance, or apply external force on the receiver.
5. FRP storage tanks for outdoor use will cause aging of the outer layer after use for many years, causing the resin layer to peel off or the fibers to be exposed. It is recommended that the outer surface of the tank should be painted with paint or resin every two or three years to prevent aging and extend the service life.
In the maintenance process, pay special attention to safety issues. Be sure to inspect all equipment before repairing the FRP tank.